Monday, March 4, 2013

Hicks In The Corn


This is it.  I'm going to take the Cythos Gym Challenge, and it's going to start today in Chloris! Now, let's see...I know that I'm supposed to go through the farmhouse to get to the gym, but--

Oh...um...hi?

Yeah, I'm...I'm here to take the gym challenge.  I'm sorry, but who are--?

Why? I...well, it's kind of a long story, but the gist of it is that I'm trying to find my family--

I mean, if I conquer the Cythos gyms and make a name for myself, they might be able to find me and learn that I'm such a--

Geez, you sure ask a lot of questions.  No, I mean, I've grown very close to my Pokemon, and if I make it all the way to the Elite Four, then that means I may very well have what it takes to beat them, so I'd give it my all and--

Yeah, I guess you could call me "champ in the making", but I just wouldn't--


Oh, thanks...am I...am I going to need this? Is it really hot in the gym, or is there like a puzzle or something--?

I'll see.  Okay.  Great.  Thanks--


Hey, what's this plaque here on that statue? Hmm, people who've beaten this gym, eh?

...

...

...

Arturo Stone?! He's beaten the gym already?!

Wait a minute...you actually keep track of Pokemon trainers a lot more closely than I thought! Hey, there might be a chance that my son might actually be able to find me a lot sooner! Which way to Tara, Mr. Water-Bottle-Man?

That way? Alright, let's do it--!


Where's...

Where's the gym? I don't...is this some kind of trick? Do it...do I water the corn with the water bottle? I'm not--


Hey, there's a path down through the corn.  Maybe that will lead me to Tara.  There sure is a lot of corn, though.  A lot of corn.  I'm fairly certain that I'm just wandering through a farm--


Oh, well hello there, miss! I, uh, I didn't see you there.  Are you looking to challenge the gym leader, too? I mean, I can tell that you've got some Poke Balls on you--

Why are you smiling like that at me? I mean, I'm flattered, but I think I might be a bit too old for--

Wait a second...Water-Bottle-Man warned me about this.  You're one of Tara's apprentices, aren't you?

I knew it! Well, I'm not going to be deterred and I won't expect any quarter.  Let's go!


That looks like a Bug-type...but is it also a Ground-type? Let's see what the Pokedex has to say...

Nincada.  Bug/Ground Pokemon.  Well, there you have it.  I know exactly who to use for this guy.


Get ready for the pain! Pidgey, blow that thing into the cornfield with a strong Gust!

Good hit! Good hit! Watch out for its Sand-Attack--


Shake it off, Pidgey! That thing hit you in the eyes with sand.  Does that make you mad? Does that make you mad?! Get mad! Get real mad! Now, attack!


FRUSTRATION!


Yeah! Pound that sucker into the ground! Alright, victory number one--

You have another Pokemon? Well, send it out!


Oh, I don't even have to check the Pokedex for this one! That's a Diglett! Oh, this will be fun...

Elekid, go!


Oh, you think I'm out of my mind sending out an Electric-type against a Ground-type, huh? Well, I suppose you're right; I do have a significant disad--

Ice Punch.


That, my dear, is now a popsicle.  Well, it's been fun, but I have to--

$220? For beating you? Well, thank you! That's a Poke Ball right there, or at least a Trainer Card, which I may need in the long run.  Let's not think about spending it just now.  Who knows, there might be another trainer in here--


GAH! JESUS CHRIST! Where the hell did you come from?!?

Yes, it was very funny, but I'm assuming you're another one of Tara's--

Okay, I get it.  You got me pretty good there.  So, are we going to--?

I'm...I'm just gonna let you finish your little laughing fit right there.

...

...

...

You're done? Okay, great.

Go, Chinchou!


Let's see what you've got.


Okay, that is clearly a Ground-type.  Chinchou, pelt that thing with a Bubble attack!


Yeah, that hurt it alright!


Alright, brace yourself, Chinchou!

Didn't do that much damage; shake it off! More bubbles--!


Ah! Okay, wipe the mud from out of your eyes and give it one last Bubble attack and knock it out!


Yeah! Down you go, Drillbur!

You've done well, Chinchou; take a little break.


Aww, another Diglett? Okay.


Ah, so you think I'm crazy, too, eh? By any chance, you didn't overhear anything from my battle with that girl, did you? No? Excellent.


Well, it's been nice meeting you--

$300! Aw, yeah! This is much more productive than battling random trainers! I should've tried my hand at the gym challenge in while I was still in Kanto.


Hey, I think I found my way out.  There's some stands and spectators, but I don't--

Oh wait...there you are.


Tara...I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment