Thursday, September 5, 2013

Was There A Bear?


Okay...what time is it? Maybe I can just head on over to the Pokemon Center, get some rest, and then meet everyone back at the--


Oh, for fuck's sake.  Fine, I'll just have to do something about that then.


Excuse me, I need a pencil and a piece of paper.


There.  Now, sir, if you could just give that to someone for me--

There'll be two people coming by hear in a few minutes: one teenage girl who dresses all in black, and a tall, athletic black guy--


Yeah, that's him.  So, if you can just give him that note, I'll be over at the Pokemon Center, dying--

Kevin! Hey, what's up--?

What happened to me? Everything happened to me.  What?


Oh yeah, I have a Gliscor now.  Gliscor, return.

Yeah, thing's have been pretty shitty lately--

Oh, sure, we can walk towards the Pokemon Center and talk--


Ah, water...thanks.  I will drink this now.

So, we managed to meet here at noon.  What's up?

What do you mean you don't remember why we decided to meet?! How--?

Oh wait...I don't remember either.  Christ, this has been a long 24 hours.


Well, at least we can get some shit done while we're here, right? Maybe it's in your emails?


Oh, okay...so there have been rolling blackouts throughout the area down south and it's all stemming from the power center in Mastam? Great, I...we should--

Good news? What's that?


Nurse Joy? You have something for me--?


ELEKID! YOU'RE ALRIGHT! It's good to see you again, buddy! Boy, have I got a lot of new friends for you to meet!

Nurse Joy, I'd like to check my Elekid out of the I.C.U.  Also, I would like to check myself into the I.C.U.

Oh yeah, and I think my Pidgey is a drug addict.


It's a long...yeah, we've done some dumb things...was there a bear?


Uh, yeah that one...that in my bird...it bites me.


Here, take my Pidgey and figure this out for me.


Oh hey, it looks like your Dratini has gotten a lot stronger since the last time we met.  He might even be stronger than Elekid at this point.

DRATINI:   Hey...I heard you fought that Bagon back in Isis.

ELEKID:   Yeah...

DRATINI:   That thing's claws are no joke, huh?

ELEKID:   Yeah...

DRATINI:   I'm not too fond of that one, nor any Bagon really.

ELEKID:   Yeah....

DRATINI:   Are...are you okay?

ELEKID:   ...yeah?

DRATINI:   Because Pidgey looks all kinds of--


PIDGEY:   HEY! SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY! MY HEAD FEELS LIKE IT'S CRAMMED UP MY OWN ASSHOLE!


ELEKID:   I, uh...I think Tom might have done something stupid.

DRATINI:   I don't think you should leave him alone.

ELEKID:   Yeah, we don't do so well when we're just on our own.


Thanks, Kevin.  Oh, that reminds me! Here; this is yours.


I caught a Joltik for ya...well, I caught one for me, too, but I got yours right here.  There were a bunch just hanging out on the high tension wires along Route 3.  You know, once you wandered into the forest passed the pit of miserable rocky death--

No, they didn't seem to be doing any damage to the lines.  They were just sort of chilling out on the metal parts.  I would think the other Electric-types that were around there might have cause issues, if issues arose, since those bastards are pretty aggressive--

Did I infringe upon their territory?

Uh...I kind of destroyed they're territory, but that's besides the point...

...it isn't really besides the point, is it--?

You think we should hang out here for a bit and rest up? I will agree with that.

So, we need to get to Mastam and help because we're the two most qualified individuals to deal in power plant restoration.  So how do we get there?


So, you're saying that we need to go through the Ombos Desert, which is dangerously hot, filled with roaming packs of vicious Cacnea and Gible during the day and flocks of Zubat and Crobat at night, and it will take longer than a day to cross by foot, so the Pokemon League has sanctioned it as a bicyclist-only road? Well, I don't know about you, Kevin, but I don't have a bike or the money to buy one, but I heard that the gym leader in this town--

Tyre, right.  I heard that Tyre could hook us up with a deal on bikes to get over to Mastam, but from what Jess has told me, he's completely catatonic and his house was burned down by Houndour or Houndoom or whatever.

Well, you're probably right, Kevin.  We should check it out, especially if some of the gym's apprentices have gone into the house and haven't come out yet.  I just gotta figure out which of my Pokemon I should use, since I've caught an entire team's worth since we've last seen each other.

Oh, you've caught a new one, too? Let me see...


Hey, that guy's pretty cool! Do you want to see mine?



You see, I've been pretty busy with--


Why does your Dratini look so upset--?


Oh shit, this can't be good--



Oh damn it, which one is Bagon's Great Ball?!?!?


Woah! This is getting dangerous in here! Kevin, make sure Meditite can restrain Dratini for just a little while longer so I can find--


Got it! Bagon, return! Everyone else, return!


You're right.  Those two should never come out together again--

Oh, your Dratini hates other Dragon-types...Bagon in particular.  Fantastic.  I mean, that shit almost seemed personal.  I found him up in the Citadel Cliffs, and if our Pokemon had been up there previously, it's entirely possible that they could have had some kind of hostile interaction.  That's why my Elekid doesn't so much like Larvitar.  Then again, it's only a theory.

Okay, so we're going to be dealing with Houndour, right? So, we should focus on building teams strong against Fire-types and Dark-types.  I've got some TM moves to teach my new Pokemon, also--

Say, do you have any TM's that I might be able to use? I've got the Low Sweep TM if you need it.

HM? What's an HM?


Basically, like a TM...only more environmentally destructive? I...I guess that'll work.  What's this one called?

Cut? Okay--

Yes...I've had to cut my way through the forest...many times.  All of the times.

Say, is there any other ways for Pokemon to learn moves besides leveling, TMs, or HMs?

Move Tutors? You mean there are people who just teach more powerful moves for Pokemon? And there's one in Isis? Does he charge? How much?

$4000.  Yeah...does he barter? He might? Awesome--

Pokemon can also learn unique moves from breeding? Maybe that's how Elekid learned Ice Punch, because not many Electric-types know Ice-type moves.

Before we head off, I just want to introduce my new Pokemon to my old Pokemon.  You know, so everyone knows who they're going to be working with from now on.  Promote the whole teamwork thing.  Nurse Joy, is there a patch of land outside where I could do that peacefully?


That's perfect.  Thank you.

Alright gang...let's have ourselves a little meet 'n' greet.




No comments:

Post a Comment