Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What Can Possibly Go Wrong?


Just...keep...following...the power-lines.  So...close--


Oh, thank God! The gatehouse! I don't feel like dealing with the guard on duty, so I'm just gonna--

Am I being followed?


Huh, must have gotten some attention from the local wild Pokemon.  They don't seem too aggressive, though.  Just that deer, the Pachirisu over there, that thing--


Wait...what is that thing?


Absol...but, they're supposed to be black, right? Why is this one red--?

Huh...it's gone.  Maybe I'm just delirious.  I've been up for so long--


Hey! Shoo! Get outta here already!

I better call Hitch and let him know I'm here in Herne.


Hey, Hitch.  It's Tom.  I just got to Herne.  Were you ready to go?

You were? Well...to be honest, it's been a long day and I'm pretty fucked up--

No, I'm out by the Route 3 gatehouse--

Yes, I'm aware, but it was the quickest way to Herne.  I wasn't gonna walk all the way around--

Alright, I'll wait for you here.

Jeez, Route 3 wasn't even half as bad as the Earthen Cavern.  Why is everyone in such a tizzy about going down this route? The road's just demolished...it's not like it's covered in lava.


Hey, Hitch--

What happened to me? Well...let's see:

After being woken up multiple times hours earlier than I had wanted to, I've been pelted mercilessly by Bellsprouts and their seeds, dive-bombed by Starlys, bitten by a Bidoof, nearly blown up by a Voltorb and trampled by a Gyarados and a slew of other rampaging Pokemon in a major city, seriously concussed by a Lapras, my hand pecked thoroughly by my Pidgey, almost being forcibly thrown from the back of an Onyx by an angry mob, headbutted in the sternum by an Emolga, slammed to the earth from a height by my well-meaning Gliscor, almost impaled by a Roggenrola, and I knocked by chin pretty hard on a rock, chipping a tooth.

And this was just today.  Does that answer your question, Hitch?

Well, at least I've been productive today...


So yeah, I'm sorry if you've been waiting up for me, but if we could take a quick power-nap...for like a few hours...that would be super.

Here's your $2000.  I'll see you in the morning--


I...I didn't realize that you had a Chansey.  You, uh...you mind if it hangs out with me for a bit? I don't think I'll survive a trip up to the mountains in the condition I'm currently in--

You know what? That reminds me...we should really come up with a contingency plan in case shit goes sour up there.  We're after Bagon, so we're gonna need to head up to the higher parts of the cliffs, I imagine.  On the off-chance we run into a Salamance, we need to get out of Dodge.  We have Escape Ropes in case that happens?

Excellent.  Will Repels keep Pokemon like that away?

No? Yeah...better grab those Escape Ropes and keep them close.

I'll see you in the morning, Hitch.  Thanks.


That...that feels a little better.


Dawn...no time like sunrise to start a mountaineering expedition, eh Hitch? Let's do this.

...

Just a second, actually.


Darn, Professor Cherry isn't awake yet.  Looks like I won't be able to heal my Pokemon before the trip---

Wait, Hitch...do you have the phone number for the Isis Pokemon Center by any chance?

You do?! Fantastic! I need to make a phone call.


Hello, Pokemon Center? Hi, my name is Tom Cedar.  I came in yesterday...my Elekid is currently in the I.C.U. and I was informed that he should stay for overnight care.  I was just calling to see how he was doing--

He's stable and healed up, but he's resting now? That's great news.  I wanted to know if it would be possible to transfer him to the Kahu City Pokemon Center when it's safest for him to be transferred via PC?

No, not for a few hours yet.  I should be there around noon.  Would that be a good time to pick him up, or do you think he'll need more time?

I can barely hear you; there's some static on the line.  You know, I'll call back in a few hours when I get a clearer signal.  I just wanted to check in and see if he was alright.  Thank you.

Okay Hitch...let's boldly go.


Wow, it feels like ages since we've been through this area...but it's been less than a week.


Nope...not here to catch Pokemon.


Gotta keep my eye on the prize.  Hand me another Repel, would you please, Hitch?


There they are...the Citadel Mountains.  Alright, Hitch, how are we going to get up to where the Bagon--?


We're actually climbing the mountain?


What can possibly go wrong? Let's head up--


Someone's calling me? I get signal out here?! Hot damn!

Jess? Hey, what's going on?

Jess, you're breaking up terribly.  What are you saying about the PokeLure?

Jess, I can barely hear you--

I have to call you back or you'll have to send a text.  Sorry.


So, you've been able to find Bagon right around the corner here before? Great--

*BZZZZZZZZZZZ*

I can't read that text right now...I'm dangling off a cliff-face.  It will have to wait.  Hitch, let's drop the repels.


Say, what's that thing over there? That might be a Bagon!


Never mind...but the Pokedex says it's a Dark-type, and I actually don't have a single one of those.  Might be useful; furthermore, if we take out this thing, we won't have to deal with it if a Bagon comes along.  Gliscor, go!


Quick Attack!


Give it another Quick Attack, girl, and I'll throw a Poke Ball and take this thing out of the equation.


Direct hit! That was a rough throw...


Come on...


Get in there...


Boom! Alright, now I just...

Shit, the ball is pretty high up there.  Well, I can't just leave it up there--

Did you feel that, Hitch?


Shit! The shelf is collapsing! Hitch!


Graveler! Grab my hand!

GRAB MY HAND!

*CRASH*BOOM*CRASH*


Graveler, you suck...ow.

Hitch! I'm down here! Please tell me you're figuring out a way to get me out of here!

Gliscor!


Grab that ball, girl! Bring it back to me!

Jeez, it's dark in here.  Chinchou, come on out and brighten things up a bit.


Hitch! Head to the light--!


Nice! Good job, Gliscor--!

Uh oh...I hear footsteps.  Chinchou, get back in the ball!


If this is a Bagon, Pidgey is gonna fuck this thing up.  If it isn't a Bagon, I want to know exactly what I'm dealing with--


Say, this thing is kinda cute.  I wonder what it is--


Okay, crap, there's quite a few of them--


...oh, fuck me sideways.


Alright, Tom...be cool.  Don't make any sudden movements and stay perfectly silent.


...


...


...


POKEDEX:   Whismur, the Volume Pokemon; capable of producing incredibly loud--


This is going to end very poorly, isn't it?


MY BRAIN! DEAR SWEET GOD IN HEAVEN MAKE IT STOP! LAPRAS, SING!


SING, GODDAMN IT! SING!

IT'S NOT WORKING! USE MIST! WE NEED TO GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE! HITCH, GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!

LAPRAS, RETURN! THESE THINGS WILL KILL YOU IF YOU STAY OUT HERE FOR MUCH LONGER!

HIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH! MY RIBCAGE IS ABOUT TO BURST--!


GRAVELER! THANK JESUS!


Wall of collapsed rock to dampen the sound...I'll take it.  Graveler, I take back the sucking comment.

Now...let's get outta here.


There doesn't appear to be much else around here, so I guess we better keep climbing.  I mean after all...


...what else could possibly go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment