Monday, March 17, 2014

Meet 'N' Greet: The Electric Special


Alright...let me just see here...



There! Now, let's just see about this Jolteon, huh?


Jolteon, come on out!


Hey there! I'm Tom, and I'm--


Oh shit, I didn't synch the ball yet! RETURN!


Okay...that should do it.  Jolteon, come back out!


Hey...so, sorry about that.  Totally forgot that I needed to synch up your Poke Ball to my...

You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you? Well, I suppose you don't need to know about the full mechanical...

This is all wrong.  Let me start this over.

Hi.  I'm Tom.  I'm your new trainer.  I don't know what happened with your other trainer, but I'm friends of Jess and her Dad...Rich, was it? Remember Rich? Well, I'm a friend of the family and I'm gonna make sure you have a good home and feel loved.  You see, I'm sort of a--

Hey, Nurse Joy! What sex is this Jolteon?


Female.  Thank you!


Like I said, I'm sort of an Electric-type enthusiast, so I hope you'll feel right at home, girl.  Fellas, come on out and say hello!


Jolteon, this is Emolga and Pachirisu...


...and this is Joltik and Chinchou...


...and finally, this is Elekid.  


So...yep.  That's the team, I suppose.


Oh yay, you're happy! I'll let you guys get to know each other--


--just, let's not do this for very long.  I think we're doing something terrible to the power grid.


JOLTEON:   Hello!


CHINCHOU:   Greetings! It's nice to--


JOLTEON:   You're bright! I like you!


CHINCHOU:   Umm...thank you--?


JOLTEON:   And you're sparky! I like that! I like you, too!


EMOLGA:   That's....that's nice--


PACHIRISU:   All allegiance to our captain!


JOLTIK:   I don't know what you do! Hi! And you! You're sparky, too!


ELEKID:   I really don't know how to feel about all of this--


JOLTEON:   We're friends now! We're all friends!


JOLTIK:   I like having friends--


JOLTEON:   And you're gross! You make me not want to eat food! Yay!


JOLTIK:   I...what?


JOLTEON:   Do we get to fight? I'm ready to fight!


ELEKID:   Well, yes, we get into a lot of battles, but right now, we're just sort of--


JOLTEON:   But I'm brave! And I'm ready!


CHINCHOU:   That's great.  You'll need that bravery when there's danger.  I sure did when I fought against--


JOLTEON:   You don't understand...


JOLTEON:   ...I'm ready.


JOLTIK:   ...this makes me nervous.


JOLTEON:   I even know this move that hurts all other Electric-types with my mind! Yay!


JOLTIK:   ...much more nervous.  Very much more nervous.


ELEKID:   I'm gonna have to ask you not to use that attack while we're out of our Poke Balls...because will be awful for everyone.


JOLTEON:   ...okay!

EMOLGA:   Well...that was easy.  Teamwork is essential, and we'll need to not hurt each other with our minds!


PACHIRISU:   All allegiance to our captain!


ELEKID:   In all seriousness, though, we will probably be getting into a lot more battles in the future, and now that Tom has so many of us, he'll probably want to use us more often.  So, be ready when he calls on you to put it all on the line.


JOLTEON:   I will be ready.


JOLTEON:   I will be so ready...


ELEKID:   ...good.


JOLTIK:   I think I peed.


Okay everybody, back in your balls.  I think that's enough for now.  I don't want to overload the breakers.

You know, it's been such a long day.  I've almost completely forgotten that I've started the day at dawn, climbing a mountain trying to find a Bagon.  Dear me, I'm exhausted.  Sure, it's not night yet, but I think I can take a short afternoon siesta and wake up refreshed to take on some of the trainers along the bike path.  Who knows? Maybe Tyre is feeling up to reopening the gym.  I better get ready for my challenge.


There we are! An empty bed.  I'll just lay down for an hour or so and take a nap.

Funny, I haven't really gotten much sleep since coming to Cythos, and I've really only been here for three nights.  The first night, the tsunami hit during the day and we were all worried about what happened to our Pokemon.  The second night, I was anxious about my first gym battle, but on top of that, people kept waking me up at random intervals.  Then, after a long day of two gyms, quelling a riot, and liberating a Combee hive, the third night wasn't much better because Elekid spent it in the I.C.U.

Finally, I get some peace and quiet, and I'm going to use that to get some well-deserved rest without any sort of distractions, interruptions, or immediate concerns.  Just simple...unadulterated...rest...

...zzz.


(Breaks...Tom cannot catch them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment